Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tradition


This is from Branson just a couple weeks ago. We decided to make it a priority for family vacations about a year ago and since then have taken three trips to Branson for little family get-a-ways. We have started some traditions there, one of which is hitting Mel's Hard Luck diner. A great diner where the waitstaff, busboys, and even grill cooks sing for you while you are there. Great music. Country, Oldies, Gospel, Gospel, Gospel! Wonderful family place. Enough on my plug on that. But there is a rocking chair outside in the villages there that the kids think is so cool. So, as long as the chair is there, we'll get the kids pic taken in the chair to mark their growth! I LOVE traditions! Sometimes Richard looks at me like I'm crazy as I tend to try and make everything a tradition! Any fun traditions out there?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are doing a fun tradition tomorrow - the Texas State Fair! We never miss it and take pictures of the kids every year on the carousel & at the petting zoo.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow -- family traditions. I don't think there is room here for all of ours, but one of my favorites is a Christmas tradition. Before we open gifts, we all stand in a circle holding hands(everyone - even the youngest child as long as they can talk) and we each say a portion of a chain prayer. By the time we end, almost everyone is in tears, but it is so neat. There's no one particular person who always starts the chain prayer, but Papa (Mike) is the one who ends it. I'm looking forward to it again this year. It's so neat to hear all of our adult "children" pray, and just so precious to hear the little ones pray.

Stephanie said...

Glad you all had a great time in Branson! We've never been - I hear it's a lot like Pigeon Forge so we may have to get over there sooner or later!

Amber Smith said...

How cute! What a great idea! I guess my favorite of ours is our annual tea party. Another one I heard about on the radio is having our kids (and ourselves) write down (or draw) what they are thankful for at Thanksgiving. We did this last year and plan to do it this year also. I'm filing all of our thankful lists away to look back on through the years and see all the blessings that God has given us. I'm right there with you, girl. I love traditions too!

Danna said...

The kids are so big, I really miss spending time with ya'll. My favorite family tradition in the last few years is we get together at my brothers house once a year and we write down on a small peice of paper what we are thankful for. Then we make a chain link with all the slips of paper. I enjoy reading them every year and it reminds me of how blessed we are as a family and as God's children.

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you on my blog :o)

Scott Bayles said...

They are too cute!! Unfortunately, growing up we didn't really have memorable traditions. However, that is definately going to change.