Monday, March 29, 2010

Richard and I went away for the weekend. It was a wonderful 2 days filled with rest and relaxation and wonderful down time. I'm so thankful for Richard and the patience and support he has shown.

In truth, I'm not enjoying this season right now. So many things I'm reading and learning. I've learned what "lament" really means. What mourning feels like. And I understand all the traditions that went along with mourning and why. I wouldn't have to explain my sadness if there were an outward symbol of this. My days are filled with sadness, memories, and self/spiritual discovery. A lot of which in myself needed to be priorized and pruned anyway. I'm not pretending happiness with the kids anymore, it's become much more genuine. I can't say I'm ready to dance and say I'm filled with joy, but I do think I'm on my way.

1 comment:

summer said...

Melanie,
I am glad you had some time away and hope you found a little healing. I agree, this season of sadness is teaching me so much. I just wish there were easier ways to learn these lessons. It is hard not to be consumed by it at times. I am blessed by hearing your heart through your words. I hope you'll keep sharing {and that you don't mind me reading}.

Much love to you,
Summer