Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Friday Night

After we bankrupted ourselves to our babysitter this weekend! Just kidding! But seriously we had a great time going to the Mark Schultz concert. We went to his first concert of the Broken and Beautiful tour and it was incredible. Big Daddy Weave was with him and I was surprisinly impressed. We had so much fun with great friends and a great trip! I can't wait to do it again! For those of you who have no clue who he is ( I promise you've heard some of his songs on non-christian radio as well) he's worth going to see in concert or listening to on CD! That's my mommy-wiggy guarantee! Well for all that's worth!

Also this week, the dreaded paint project! Ashlyn's Room! Only two rooms left to do in the entire house! Hers and ours. So, she's asked and we've promised. The paint has been bought and we need to complete it! Wish us luck and sanity! It's just so hard to complete things quickly and without interruptions with three kids hanging onto your kneecaps! Thank you God for Baby Gates!

Sidenote: We'll be seeing all of our extended family this weekend as we go to my Great Aunt's Funeral. I haven't seen any of them in 10 years. This will actually be the first time they will have met Richard or my children! I'm sure I'll have some stories to blog on this after the weekend!

10 comments:

Liz Moore said...

You'll have to post a picture of Ashlyn's room when you finish. I'm sure it will be adorable. I hope you have a great time getting reacquainted with some of your family.

Just fyi...although it's sad that they are growing up, having teenage and 20 year old kids does have it's advantages! No more money on babysitters for one! :)

Danna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danna said...

You know I am right there with you on the Mark Schultz concert. Next time you need a babysitter you can drop the kids off here. We will watch them for free! Tell everyone hello. We love you guys.

edensfamily said...

Hey girl!! I stumbled across your blog when I was searching for your address. Joy loved seeing you in St. Louis!! I was so jealous, for one I miss seeing your sweet face and your sweet family and then 2 I can't wait to go to St. Louis someday!! Email me or post on my blog that I never have time to do!! Love you. Blessings, Jana Edens

jenny biz said...

Hope the painting is going well!! I am sure it will look great! So did you and Mark make eye contact? :)

Melanie said...

Jenny, No we didn't make eye contact! He's married now girl!

edensfamily said...

Melanie-
Thanks for your sweet post, I am so new to the blog thing I don't know how to do the picture thing!!! I am going to try to make it for graduation but we will see. I would love to see you guys!! I know Joy is planning on picking up Brent this weekend for his "free" weekend away. I know she is trying to get in touch with you. I am so glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Blessings. Jana

Melanie said...

Jana,
Tell Joy to email me at melaniefester@hotmail.com and I'll give her my phone number. I'll be at a Ladies Retreat for 1/2 the weekend, but I really hope I can see them if they are coming up!

jenny biz said...

Oh yea! Forgot he got married! Did I tell you he came to my brother's church and Jonathan got to pick him up from the airport!!!

Melanie said...

Jenny-yes I am very jealous! I love his new CD! Have you heard it yet?